Sunday, March 15, 2009

In the beginning...

Jeremy and I met in 2002. He was from Michigan and I was in nursing school in Springfield, IL. He had moved to Greenville, IL to be a youth leader at his cousin's church. One day he decided that he was bored and asked me to this Blue Grace thing at the local park. We ended up talking until some where around midnight. It only took us a couple dates to realize that we were just meant to be. Within 2 months we became engaged.
We come from very different lifestyles. I was fortunate in having both parents. I have an older brother, who is married with two children. Jeremy was raised by a single mother, who had dependency issues. He has five siblings by his mother and one by his father. His closest sibling is 10 years younger and his youngest sibling is 24 years younger.
Our relationship was thrown a lot of challenges from the start. I had a family member that was spreading rumors about us that were very untrue. 3 weeks prior to our wedding my grandmother passed away due to lung cancer. Jeremy's father, of which he had very little contact with, passed away within 9 months of our wedding. And to top all the family stress, we were youth leaders to 50 or so teenagers.
We attended a church that had about 350 members. We were constantly being asked about when we were going to have children and how many. Most of the couples that got married around the same time as we did, were starting their families. So I threw out my ideas of waiting a few years and got off my birth control about 6 months into our married life.
A year passed and nothing happened, so I consulted my ob/gyn. We first started with Jeremy and found that his count was low and had poor motility. He had surgery to correct this and appeared to work. I had a Laproscopy in 2005 and was told that everything was good to go. So we continued to try and let nature take it's course. Then we began chapter 2 in our life together.

No comments:

Post a Comment